The SPEL HydroChannel offers a decentralized and absolutely new path for stormwater treatment.
Please note that we only supply the filter bag and poly insert. It is able to filter and bind pollutants like Hydrocarbons, heavy metals as well as Total Phosphorus (TP) and Total Nitrogen (TN). The pollutants then can be disposed of safely and easily. The SPEL HydroChannel’s modular design means that the stormwater is treated in two steps:
- Solids and particulates are settled in the first step
- Dissolved contaminants are then absorbed in the filter matrix
Water weirs over from the sedimentation chamber and passes down to the filter bag with the filter matrix inside it. Both organic and inorganic contaminants are removed by Adsorption and precipitation. The filtered water then flows within the Channel to the collection point where it can either be re-used or discharged to infiltration.
The initial sedimentation step ensures the long working life of the filter bag, and the granular filter material within it.
The filter is designed to promote an even and homogenous flow distribution within it. Separation of the material is near impossible, by proven and certified design. The pad will need be replaced at about 10 years, depending on site conditions.
Hydrochannel Modular Design
The innovative modular design is based on a standard 300mm channel width.
There is no need to make site speciﬁc or bespoke design amendments to the channel drainage runs.
The modular interior of the HydroChannel:
- The sedimentation box takes rough cleaning all solids such as stones, leaves, and suspended particles on. The rubber lip ensures sealing around the edges – for the reliable differentiation for subsequent filtration.
- The pre-treated rainwater passes through the granular-filter-pad and the organic and inorganic pollutants will be filtered from the water.
- The filtered water flows over the baffle into the free flow area of the channel and is discharged per normal site requirements.
Hydrochannel Cross Section
- Water comes from the surface to the SPEL HydroChannel
- The sedimentation chamber removes coarse solids, such as gravels, chippings, leaves and other solids. The rubber seal ensures a water tight seal is maintained.
- The pre-treated water pass through the granular filter bag, and the organic and inorganic pollutants are removed.
- The filtered water flows over the baffle into the free flow area of the channel. It can then be re-used, or discharged to surface or ground water via infiltration.
Please note that we only supply the filter bag and poly insert.
Hydrochannel Selection Guide
Please complete the form below for access to our installation drawings.
Quote Request Form
Please take a moment to complete this form and we will be in touch to discuss your options.
The proof is in the pudding. We invite you to take a moment to review our case studies, projects, videos and images showcasing the SPEL Hydrochannel