EMERALD QLD – North-Eastern Australia – Lined Detention – 5,000m3
Installation date: May 2011
GENERAL PROJECT INFORMATION
- New supermarket – Emerald, North-Eastern Australia
- Heavy seasonal rainfall
- Significant inflows
- Constant traffic over the tank
- Services and light poles intersecting the tank
- Extreme heat conditions in summer months
- 5,000m3 volume in one single tank
- 12 inlets for a peak inflow of over 12m3 /s
- Reactive clay site; fully lined tank
- Structural assessment for constant heavy traffic
- Structurally verified for emergency vehicle access (fire trucks)
- The Stormtech tank had to comply with AS5100.1 (bridge design – loads standard), AS4678 (retaining wall standard) and AS2041.1 (culverts standard).
- Compliance with local Queensland standards and independent verification.
- The Australian Road Research Board (ARRB) structurally assessed and approved the product.
- Isolator Rows required to comply with local environmental regulations and meet minimum water quality standards.