Installation date: May 2014
GENERAL PROJECT INFORMATION
- Concrete pipework along Cambridge Street as part of a significant drainage upgrade.
- ADS N-12 HDPE pipe was selected by the contractor and approved by the council as the best product to meet the needs of the project.
- The lightweight, long lengths available (4m and 6.1m) and the use of a press-fit integrated bell and spigot fitting reduced installation time over comparable materials such as concrete, reducing installation time and lowered all associated costs including traffic management.
- Swift installation required – Cambridge Street is a major thoroughfare and any disruption to traffic would cause significant problems for road users, local residents and businesses.
- Swift project completion required to avoid additional traffic management costs to the council and its contractors.
- Materials used had to comply with the relevant Australian design standards and codes.
- HDPE stormwater pipe as a minimum had to meet AS2566.2.