Installation date: March 2017
General Project Information
- Multi-million dollar Telegraph Road, Bracken Ridge QLD project
- Brisbane City Council Engineers and Georgiou
- Power Transmission Easement location – quick installation required alleviate work safety concerns due to high voltage towers.
- ADS HDPE pipe install took just 8 hours saving 3 days! Project plan allowed 4 days for pipe installation.
- 164m of triple cell 1050 diameter ADS HDPE N12 pipe selected.
- Arc shape required
- ADS HDPE N12 pipe chosen over RCP & FRC pipe due to the fast laying procedure and higher load capacity than 1200mm class 6 RCP minimum. 1050 mm was used as 1200mm class 6 RCP has lower flow due to low ID and steps in joints
- All pipe designs require AS 5100.2-2004 live loads as inputs.
- ADS HDPE N12 pipe could carry 100kN electrical power cable equipment & vehicle stabilizing jack safely.
- Pipeline installed in 8 hours in a curve for hydraulic benefits.
- ADS N12 pipe could sit directly on bedding without structural and time disadvantage of bedding removal for over size bells. Cast in situ headwalls also utilized.
- HDPE N12 pipes laid on stone aggregate as required by pipe laying standards and backfilled accordingly.
- Cover over pipes to a finished level approx 1.1.m with construction traffic required at 500mm cover in line with TMR’s mandatory t54 dog and truck live load at 500mm cover.
- Materials had to comply with the relevant Australian design standards and codes AS 2566.1 with the higher AS 5100.2 live loads, stabilizing jack loads and construction loads.