About the Webinar
SPEL Stormwater introduces Guest Speaker Ian Adams presenting on permit approval processes in Victoria. The webinar will cover:
- The Sustainable Design Assessment in Planning Process (SDAPP) program is used by most Melbourne metropolitan councils, as well as how IWM tools can be used to efficiently generate and assess the stormwater sustainability of planning permit applications.
- Planning Approvals: local Council MSS, local activity centre, VPP, and LPP policies that support and require stormwater sustainability assessment of applications.
- The 2018 VC154 VPP Clauses – These clauses were introduced in October 2018 into the Victorian Planning Provisions (VPP) and create new requirements beyond residential subdivisions and apartments.
- The 2018 SEPP(Waters) which gives Councils new powers to require stormwater retention, best-practice pollution reduction, and maintenance of WSUD assets.
- Building Approvals: How WSUD relates to Stormwater Connection Permits.
- Volume Management, and how the new ARR (Engineers Australia 2019) can be applied to Council drainage connection permits. The new ARR is significant because it is what the legal community will use when deciding cases of flood liability and professional practice.
The webinar will run for 45 minutes with a 15-minute Q&A session after the presentation. A CPD certificate will be available for all attendees.
About Ian Adams
Ian Adams, Director of Organica Engineering is a Sustainability Engineer and a recognised industry leader with over 20 years’ experience in delivering sustainable buildings and developments. Ian has successfully integrated ESD solutions into hundreds of developments around Australia.
He is a certified assessor and trainer for the Green Building Council of Australia, regularly lectures at RMIT and Melbourne Universities on sustainable design and city infrastructure. Ian has been instrumental in helping develop industry toolkits such as Green Star, BESS, and InSite Water, and he has an in-depth knowledge of how to implement sustainable design in buildings.
Ian has experience as a planning sustainability referrals officer at Knox Council, and he has assisted many metropolitan Councils with establishing their sustainability assessment in planning and capital works programs. His experience also includes working with organisations like the Frasers, Mirvac, DHHS, Department of Defence, and industry organisations on implementing and reporting on their Sustainability Strategies. Ian’s focus is on delivering strategies, certifications, toolkits, and training to allow projects and organisations to achieve robust sustainability outcomes.